Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

I'm in!

Dear Michael,

I am sending you an official acceptance letter with DHL on 26 August.
Even if your visa process takes longer than September 6 which is the
official registration date you will be able to go through late
registration until September 23.

Sincerely,

Muge Keller
Dept. Secretary

uh...now what? More waiting I guess. I can't get the visa until the acceptance letter comes in, and just about everywhere I've researched say student visas take about EIGHT WEEKS. Maybe the Turkish Consulate here will be a tad faster. But still, the best I can hope for is two weeks.

Assuming DHL takes 4 business days to get me the acceptance letter I won't be able to mail my application for a student visa until Friday of next week. Assuming that makes it into the Turkish Consulate by Monday the 5th and assuming they take just two weeks to mail it back, I should get it on the 19th or 20th. Assuming I can fly out on the 21st, I'll be in Ankara late the 22nd. Assuming I don't have to register in person, I should be fine (except for missing the first 2 weeks of class). And all this assumes I'll get a student loan I can live with.

That's too many assumptions for me to get too excited just yet. If I actually board a plane I'll do a happy dance. Then pop three unisom pills and pass out til Munich.

Comments:
Aw, Mike, Val and I were looking forward to you living with us in DC.

Now we'll have to come visit.
 
Congratulations!

Don't go. =)
 
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!! Everything will work out in time, you'll see.

tram
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?