Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

"Think it'll work?" "It would take a miracle."

My parents are antsier than I am, which is saying something. I told my dad this evening that I would call the good people at Bilkent and find out what is going on. I called and got a voicemail, so I left a message basically asking what I have in several e-mails: please let me know as soon as possible, I have to get a student visa and that takes a minimum of two weeks.

That deadline is coming up soon. The website talks about a mandatory orientation for all new students that starts on the morning of the 8th of September. Since it takes 19 hours to fly to Ankara, I would have to leave SFO sometime on the 6th to arrive on the 7th. Two weeks prior to the 6th of September is today, the 23rd of August.

For this to work as I understand things now, they would have to let me know within the next three hours that I am admitted, I would have to get them to fax me something to that effect, I would then have to call the Turkish Consulate and beg them to fast track my application and maybe even drive my passport and application down to the consulate in LA myself to save the day FedEx overnight would cost. Maybe if I make the Education Attaché brownies they’ll take less time. Too bad I can’t fax brownies to Turkey.

Extra points if you know where that dialogue in the title came from.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?