Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Four for the road

One of the nice things about being a hick (the next conurbation over is Hickman…no, I’m serious, google it) is the radio stations. From my village we can get four country stations that I know of: KISS country, KAT country, KUBB country and another one I can’t remember, but it has a K and an N in it. It’s great to have four of my six presets programmed for these stations. Tim McGraw on one? No problem, I’ve got three others to check. Most times I can go an entire drive without hearing a commercial. Problem is, they all play the same 30 song, like they’re going off the same winamp playlist set to shuffle. Since I know they read my blog about going to Turkey religiously, I thought I’d help them out and list the songs they should play sparingly and the songs they need to pay more attention to.

Songs to delete from your playlists: Georgia Rain; anything by Tim McGraw; that one about “he ought to know that by now”; Sarah Evans’ new song; Mississippi Girl; anything in which Big ‘n’ Rich blow themselves; newer Garth Brooks

Songs to play more often: anything by Toby Keith (it wouldn’t be a bad idea to switch to an all Toby Keith format); I’m in a hurry; Josh Gracin’s one about “breaker breaker 1-9 she’s a big ol’ flirt”, My Maria; Next to you, next to me; anything Shania Twain (ok, an all Shania/Toby format would be better); Fishin’ in the dark; When you say nothing at all; songs that make fun of Tim McGraw (well they should exist); Lukenbach, Texas; Don’t worry about a thing; older Garth Brooks

I’m seriously considering taking over Clear Channel and banning Tim McGraw.


Comments:
*sticks tongue out at you* Don't be jealous, yo.
 
heheheh, Mike said "Conurbation". heh..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?