Monday, November 14, 2005

 

oh come on

Last Tuesday I went in to get the TB test done. They injected me with who knows what and told me to come back on Friday. When I came back they measured the little red spot around where they had injected me and determined that I have tuberculosis. Maybe. I had to go get a chest X-ray done immediately just to make sure. But this being the central valley, it won't be read until tomorrow. I feel fine, btw. This better not keep me from working.

The last time I produced a false positive the Red Cross thought I had syphilis.


Comments:
you can get a positive TB test just because you've had exposure to TB, not because you actually have it.

Or something like that.

Syphilis, though? Mike, you dirty bastard.
 
Mike, did you take the test at the Tang Center?
 
Hey Mike - I had a positive TB screen once. My dad is a physician. He said to get another one. It was negative.

Sometimes they're wrong!

"Liz" is right, I think: exposure means you have TB antibodies, and you'll test positive.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?