Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

U-S-A! U-S-A!

There's a woman who works here at DOE who I have to deliver things to all the time, and who is now working in our office because her suite is being renovated. She's totally nice, but I don't know how to interact with her; her name is America.

For most people who are older than me who don't want me to address them by their last name I will prefer to affix a title to their first name. "Do you have any reports to be taken back, Mr. James?" " Miss Arlene, should I have these taken by courier or hand-deliver them?" "Did you get that concurrence package, Miss America?"

“When are you coming back from Dirkson?” I have to pick up a package and then I’m coming to America.”

How am I supposed to great her in the morning? "Good morning, America!" Uh, no.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?